Note: If all your textbooks are in the iSchool eBookstore for your course number, then you can complete all the textbook selections at this time. If one or more textbooks are missing, go to Request a Textbook.
Note: you need to be logged into the GSS application to perform the following actions.
Select a course under the "textbooks" menu. Note: If a course section is missing from the "textbooks" menu, contact Gina Lee.
Select required or recommended textbooks or none at all. No books required or recommended? Go to step #4 below.
- If you would like to undo all selections you have made, click the "start over" button.
- Once your selections — or no selections if none required or recommended — have been made, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
A popup message will confirm that your selection has been successfully added or completed. Click the "ok" button and you will be returned to the GSS homepage.
Once you've completed the textbook selection process for a course, it will appear in green in the "textbook" menu and will now also appear in red font in the "syllabi" menu. See example below.
Changing Textbook Selections
You are free to change the textbook selection for a course until a) you submit the greensheet for approval, or b) the deadline has been reached. To change textbook selection, select the course under the "textbook" menu and follow the same steps as above. Each time you select books, all prior selections are deleted.
Request a Textbook
Important: Fill out the textbook request form only if you need to:
- add a book to the iSchool eBookstore database.
- update a book in the database (e.g., new edition, author correction).
To determine if the book is already in the iSchool eBookstore database for your course number, click your course number under the textbooks menu and look for the book alphabetically by last name. All books available for the course will be listed. If your book is not there, scroll to bottom of list and click link to load the missing book form.
Follow the steps below to request a textbook:
- If you haven't already done so, go to the GSS Portal and login.
Select course from textbooks menu on the left.
- Make sure your book is not listed (all will be displayed in alphabetical order).
Click the link to load the missing book form.
- Fill out the form using APA format. Not sure what it is? APA Format is required knowledge for your students. It is a good idea to know it yourself.
- After completing the form, click the "ADD TEXTBOOK" button to submit.
An alert message that tells you that your request was successful.
You must wait for the webmaster to complete the approval process and add a cover image for the book you selected. When this is done, you will receive a notice that your book is available for selecting for your course. Note: The webmaster works 8 to 5 Monday through Friday on non-holidays and has other responsibilities. The request will be handled as soon as possible (usually within 24 hours). If the book is selected late on Friday, the request may not be completed until Monday morning. We appreciate your patience.