INFO/MARA 294 Professional Experience: Internships
Student Checklist – Setting Up an Internship
Important Deadline and Contact Information:
- INFO 294: Start investigating internships at least one term prior to when you want to be doing the internship and be enrolled in INFO 294. This will give you sufficient time to review internship opportunities and find the one that.s right for you.
- MARA 294: Students must work with the MARA internship faculty supervisor during the spring semester before their final year to determine if the internship experience is right for them. MARA 294 internships occur in the Spring semester only.
- Post-Master's Certificate students must have completed INFO 203.
- You must have already identified, applied to, and been accepted by the internship site before submitting the Professional Experience: Internship – Student Application. Your information will be sent to the appropriate iSchool internship supervisor.
- It would be best to target some time around 4-6 weeks prior to the start of classes to submit your application to the iSchool internship faculty supervisor for review. We understand this may not always be possible, but the more lead time the better.
IMPORTANT: Please read the INFO 294 Student Handbook or the MARA 294 Student Handbook to familiarize yourself with the details of the internship process and experience. This checklist is only a summary.
Checklist Instructions: Review each task for more information. When a task has been completed, you can check it off. Your completed items will remain checked when you return to the form in the future (if you are using the same computer and browser and have not cleared your browser cookies). You may wish to bookmark this page. Here is a printable version of the checklist.